Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pride and Prejudice

FILM SPIELE:

The five Bennet sisters have all been raised by their mother with on purpose in life - finding a husband.  However, the second eldest Lizzie can think of 100 reasons not to marry.





when Mrs. Bennet hears the exciting news that a wealthy bachelor and his circle of sophisticated friends are to take up summer residence in a nearby mansion the Bennets are abuzz with the hope that potential suitors will be in full supply.  Obligingly, the newcomer, Mr. Charles Bingley, is immediately taken with the eldest, Jane.  However, when Lizzie meets up with the darkly handsome and snobbish Mr. Darcy, what seems like a match made in heaven quickly becomes divided by pride and prejudice.  Can they get past this and can Lizzie finally find a reason to marry?


MY OPINION:



I am so glad I did not live in this era!  I do love the clothing though and often feel as though I belonged for this reason alone.
How gorgeous is this cast!  Matthew Macfadyen is such a hunk as Mr. Darcy and in my opinion the most believeable of all the long line of Darcy characters.  He eminates such a stature of class yet portrays a longing, almost  heart ache presence.  Keira Knightley is gorgeous and his perfect complement in this film.



The character of Mrs. Bennet just about drove me crazy, but oh so believeable!  As one would expect, Donald Sutherland is outstanding as the frustrated Mr. Bennet and Judy Dench brilliant as the evil aunt...I just wanted to commit acts of violence on her!



From start to finish this film is captivating and one of my favourites (seen it a few times now with my longsuffering hubby).  You'll love it too if you're really a closet romantic or chick flick lover.

My Personal Rating
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment